WEST SOMERSET RAILWAY AUTUMN STEAM GALA 2012
- 'PINES EXPRESS REMEMBERED' -
| PRICE: £15.95|
ORDER NOW BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD CLICK ON THIS ICON IF YOU ARE ORDERING FROM OUTSIDE THE UK
The autumn of 2012 marks the 50th Anniversary of the ending of through passenger trains over the old Somerset & Dorset line. The best known of these excursions was the ‘Pines Express’ which ran from Manchester Mayfield - Bournemouth West, and the West Somerset Railway’s 2012 Autumn Steam Gala paid homage to this milestone, by running a recreation of this named train with David Shepherd’s 9F 92203 ‘Black Prince’. Along with a guest list of other visiting engines, and some wonderful weather to go with it, we were treated to a feast of action along the 20 mile branch.
The DVD features full coverage from all four days of the gala including a bonus sequence with No.88 piloting Bullied Pacific No.34067 ‘Tangmere’ with a 450 ton train in a pro-typcial Somerset & Dorset recreation.
On Screen captions and titles. Brief Commentary Included (with the option of turning the commentary off).
Running Time: 1 hour 20mins (80 mins)
· BR 9F 92203 'Black Prince'
- Black 5, 45379
- Ivatt Class 4MT, 43106
- SR 4-6-2 no 34067 'Tangmere'
- GWR Modified Hall, No. 6960 'Raveningham Hall' (including a pacing sequence, and also on turning on the triangle)
- GWR Hall, No.4936 Kinlet Hall
- BR(W) 4-6-0 no 7828 Odney Manor (Running as Norton Manor during gala)
- GWR 2-8-0 no 3850 (static only)
- BR(W) 2-6-2T no 4160
- WSR 2-6-0 no 9351
- SDJR 2-8-0 no 88