CLAN LINE - 50 YEARS IN PRESERVATION
We have a very special documentary in production commemorating 50 years of the preservation of ex - Southern Railway Merchant Navy Pacific, No. 35028 'Clan Line'. More details about the film will follow within the next week or so, but in the mean time, enjoy this teaser trailer we have produced.
After 50 years in society ownership, Merchant Navy Pacific, No. 35028 'Clan Line' is held in very high regard and view by many as one of the standard bearers of the Mainline Steam Scene.
In this special commemorative program, we document the events leading up to locomotive's return to the Mainline after another major overhaul and meet the people involved in her day to day running.
The film also provides a rich mixture of lineside, on-train and footplate footage from the Bournemouth Belle, Golden Arrow and Atlantic Coast Express in mostly glorious weather conditions.
The Film Features:
- Light & Loaded Test Runs.
- Return home to Stewarts Lane Depot (exactly 2 years to the day that she left).
- Preparations for her first run back exactly 50 years to the day since she was with drawn from BR service.
- An in-depth look at what the society plans for future years
- Archive Material not previously seen during the last days of Southern Steam along the Mainline.
- A tribute to society President, David Shepherd
- Extensive Coverage of the 'Bournemouth Belle', including interviews with the DB Cargo Crews
- A reflective look back at what has been an amazing year for society, and much much more.