MAINLINE DIARY 2016
ORDER NOW BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
CLICK THIS ICON IF ORDERING OUTSIDE THE UK
ORDER NOW BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
CLICK THIS IF ORDERING FROM OUTSIDE THE UK
Our 2016 video review features the very best of Mainline Steam across the UK once again. We are introduced to a newcomer to the big railway, along with the re-introductions of old favourites. With plenty of variety & action, this DVD will give you endless pleasure and enjoyment for many years to come! The DVD features a brief commentary, and on-screen locations.
Running Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 46100 ‘ROYAL SCOT’ seen on its first public run along the North Wales Coast (Feb 6th, 7 locations including dramatic pacing sequence). Powering up Shap in the hands of Gordon Hodgson (April 9th) and the 'Scot Commemorative' working along the Cumbrian Coast; the sequence includes some stunning scenes at Lancaster Station at sunset (April 9th & 16th, 10 locations).
Working on the Great Britain IX railtour, becoming the first Royal Scot to work over the Devon Banks & into Cornwall, feautring Ray Churchill’s last driving turn (April 26th & 27th, 8 locations, including hauling 450 tons up Dainton unassisted) and seen on its debut on the Torbay Express (July 3rd & 10th, 12 locations, including stalling on Whiteball).
- 60103 ‘FLYING SCOTSMAN’ featured on its inaugural run along the East Coast Mainline, seen by thousands of linesiders; we feature on-train, footplate & lineside footage of this special day (Feb 25th).
Also seen on the Welsh Marches, including hauling 500 tons up Llanvihangel Bank (June 8th, 3 locations)
- BLACK 5s 45407 & 44871 working north over the Settle & Carlisle before the line’s closure (Jan 23rd, 8 locations, including a blistering run through Lancaster Station), & seen on the Ledbury Line, Welsh Marches & Lickey Incline, becoming the first pair of Black 5s to climb the bank since steam days. (Nov 27th, 6 locations.)
- 46233 ‘DUCHESS OF SUTHERLAND’ working the ‘Mid-day’ Scot over Shap & Beattock in dramatic fashion (March 11th, 7 locations) & working the Royal Duchy, becoming the first ever Duchess to work into Cornwall, featuring on-board & lineside footage on Dainton, Hemerdon, and the long climb through Largin. (Aug 7th).
- 6201 ‘PRINCESS ELIZABETH’ returning to the Mainline in dramatic form on the Welsh Marches (Sept 10th, 4 locations). Also working over the Devon Banks & into Cornwall for the very first time (Sept 17th & 20th, 7 locations, Dainton, Hemerdon & including crossing the Royal Albert Bridge).
- 34046 ‘BRAUNTON’ returning to the Mainline in the guise of classmate 34052 ‘LORD DOWDING’ & working the first steam hauled football special since 1967. (May 15th, 5 locations, including Buriton Bank).
- 45699 ‘GALETEA’ on the Great Britain IX, seen working on the Cumbrian Coast Line, including a dramatic performance north of Maryport & also working up Beattock Bank. (April 29th, 4 locations).
- 60163 ‘TORNADO’ working along the Cotswolds in beautiful winter weather (Feb 14th, 6 locations), & working the Devon Belle over Honiton Bank (April 2nd, 2 locations).
- 5043 ‘EARL OF MOUNT EDGCUMBE’ storming through the Cotswolds (August 28th, 2 locations around Chipping Campden), and a dramatic climb of Sapperton Bank, featuring on-board footage on the climb as well as the Great Western Mainline & Cotswold Line at Sunset. (Oct 8th, 4 locations).