Z48 - A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER
We bring to you this film of the commemorative runs of Z48, the 'GREAT WESTERN HIGH SPEED SPECIAL TRAIN', that took place on the weekend of May 9th & 10th 2014, (exactly 50 years to the day).
We feature full coverage of GWR Castles, Nos. 5029 'Nunney Castle' & 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' on their respective tours, with some sensational running from both engines, including a record breaking run for the latter.
- A brief look back at Archive stills & film from the original run on 9th May 1964
- Interviews with the loco crews of both commemorative runs.
- Interviews with passengers & the last surviving fireman from the original run
- A detailed on-train journey along the original route, including the Somerset Levels, climb to Whiteball, the sea wall section at Dawlish, and over the Devon Banks of Dainton, Rattery & Hemerdon.
- 5029 and 5043 passing each other on the Mainline (See Video above)
- A rich mixture of lineside, on-train and footplate scenes combined with dramatic soundtracks and high speed running
SPECIAL BONUS FEATURE: unique 'driver's eye view' camera angle between, featuring the whole journey from Plymouth & Exeter.